Located in subregion/area: Côte des Blancs / Vitryat
Vineyards and grape varieties: 5.8 hectares (14.3 acres), of which 100% Chardonnay.
Classification: Autre cru (84%)
Google Maps view with the villages in the Vitryat highlighted.
Clicking on a village opens a field to the left with a link to the village profile, if it exists.
Neighbouring villages within the Champagne appellation
Loisy-sur-Marne is located about 4 km northnorthwest of Vitry-le-François, which is the central town of the area, close to the Canal latéral à la Marne.
The Loisy-sur-Marne commune has a surface of 1407 hectares and has 1085 inhabitants (as of 2014), referred to as Loisyats and Loisyates.
The vineyards in Loisy-sur-Marne contain Chardonnay only.
The current vineyard surface in the Loisy-sur-Marne commune is 5.8 hectares (14.3 acres). There are 5.8 ha Chardonnay (100%). Numbers from CIVC, as of 2013. In 1997, the vineyard surface was 3 hectares. There are 9 vineyard owners (exploitants) in the commune.
Producer status is indicated where known: RM = récoltant-manipulant, or grower-producers. RC = récoltant-coopérateur, growers that are cooperative members but sell Champagnes under their own name.
- JS. Briche (Facebook page), whose range includes a vintage blanc de blancs.
- Daniel Colin (RC). Not to be confused with Daniel Collin in Baye.
Comment: the list may be incomplete.
- Wikipedia about this village in English, in French.
- Website of the Loisy-sur-Marne commune.
- UMC’s village profile of Loisy-sur-Marne.
- The Swedish version of this post.
© Tomas Eriksson 2017