Located in subregion/area: Côte des Blancs / Vitryat
Vineyards and grape varieties: 31.7 hectares (78.3 acres), of which 97.2% Chardonnay and 2.8% Pinot Noir.
Classification: Autre cru (85%)
Google Maps view with the villages in the Vitryat highlighted.
Clicking on a village opens a field to the left with a link to the village profile.
Neighbouring villages within the Champagne appellation
Northwest and north: Saint-Amand-sur-Fion
Comment: some of the communes on the map are not part of the Champagne appellation and therefore don’t have any village profiles.
Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne is located about 9 km to the northnortheast of Vitry-le-François, which is the central town of the area.
The Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne commune has a surface of 856 hectares and has 264 inhabitants (as of 2014), referred to as Escarnots and Escarnotes.
The vineyards in Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne are located in two blocks to the east of the village, and is composed of mild south- and southeast-facing slopes. The vineyards are continuous with those in Bassuet. Chardonnay dominates greatly in the vineyards.
The current vineyard surface in the Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne commune is 31.7 hectares (78.3 acres). There are 30.8 ha Chardonnay (97.2%) and 0.9 ha Pinot Noir (2.8%). Numbers from CIVC, as of 2013. In 1997, the vineyard surface was 25 hectares. There are 41 vineyard owners (exploitants) in the commune.
Producer status is indicated where known: RM = récoltant-manipulant, or grower-producers. RC = récoltant-coopérateur, growers that are cooperative members but sell Champagnes under their own name.
- Yann Henry (RC, Facebook page), has vineyards in Saint Lumier-en-Champagne, Merlaut, and Vavray-le-Grand with 95% Chardonnay and 5% Pinot Noir. The range includes a vintage Champagne.
Comment: the list may be incomplete.
- Wikipedia about this village in English, in French.
- The Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne commune doesn’t have a website.
- UMC’s village profile of Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne.
- Vineyard map of Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne at weinlagen-info.de.
- The Swedish version of this post.
© Tomas Eriksson 2017, last update 2017-07-16