Located in: Vallée de la Marne: Vallée de la Marne Rive Droite
Vineyards and grape varieties: 225,4 hectares (557.0 acres), of which 72% Pinot Meunier, 14,6% Pinot Noir, and 13,4% Chardonnay.
Classification: “Autre cru” (85%)
North: Chaumuzy (part of the area Vesle et Ardre)
Northnortheast: Nanteuil-la-Forêt (part of the area Vesle et Ardre)
Comment: the remaining link will be added when that profile has been uploaded.
Fleury-la-Rivière is located on the right bank of the Marne river, but a bit removed from the river in a side valley formed by the small stream Le Brunet.
The Fleury-la-Rivière commune covers 798 hectares and has 514 inhabitants (as of 2012), referred to as fleurysiens and fleurysiennes.
The vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivière mostly consist of mild slopes, to a large proportion southeast-facung slopes with Pinot Meunier som vanligaste druvsort.
The current vineyard surface in the Fleury-la-Rivière commune is 225.4 ha (557.0 acres). There are 162.4 ha Pinot Meunier (72%), 32.9 ha Pinot Noir (14.6%), and 30.1 ha Chardonnay (13.4%). Numbers from CIVC, as of 2013. In 1997, the vineyard surface was 204 ha. There are 137 vineyard owners (exploitants) in the commune.
The producer status NM = négociant-manipulant means that purchased grapes can be included in the Champagnes. NM producers can be anything from small producers that supplement their own grapes with some that they buy in, to large Champagne houses that primarily rely on purchased grapes.
- Henri David-Heucq (NM)
Producer status is indicated where known: RM = récoltant-manipulant, or grower-producers. RC = récoltant-coopérateur, growers that are cooperative members but sell Champagnes under their own name.
- Claude Arnould (RC)
- Comte de Montperthuis, has vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivère, Damery, and Chambrecy.
- Gaston Delaunois
- Demière (RM), also written A & J Demière, member of Vignerons Indépendants. The vineyards are in Fleury-la-Riviere and contain 55% Pinot Meunier, 25% Pinot Noir, and 20% Chardonnay.
- Pierre Dubois (RM)
- Duval-Prétrot (RM), member of Vignerons Indépendants.
- Sylvain Foinon (RM)
- Goût-Demière (RC)
- François Heucq (RM)
- Chantal Lallement (RM), member of Vignerons Indépendants.
- Daniel Lallement (RM)
- Legrand-Latour (RC),
- Didier Marc (RM), also written D. Marc, has 4 ha of vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivière, of which 2.7 ha Pinot Meunier, 1 ha Chardonnay, and 0.3 ha Pinot Noir.
- Patrice Marc (RM), also written Marc for short, member of Vignerons Indépendants.
- Maumy-Chapier (RM), has 6.5 ha of vineyards distributed over ten commune in the Côte des Blanc, the Côte Sûd d’Épernay, and the Vallée de la Marne Rive Droite: Avize, Oger, Grauves, Monthelon, Mancy, Chavot, Damery, Fleury-la-Rivière, Cormoyeux, and Passy-Grigny.
- Ghislain Payer et fille (RC), has 4 ha of vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivière, with 45% Pinot Meunier, 45% Chardonnay, and 10% Pinot Noir.
- Remy Payer
- Christophe Pommelet, has 5.4 ha of vineyards with a majority of Pinot Meunier.
- Philippe Rouyer (RM), member of Vignerons Indépendants, has 4.5 ha of vineyards with 70% Pinot Meunier, 15% Pinot Noir, and 15% Chardonnay.
- Michel Sibeaux (RC)
- Th. Thomas-Hatté (RC), where Th. stands for Thierry, has 3.1 ha of vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivière, Mardeuil, and Damery, with 65% Pinot Meunier, 20% Chardonnay, and 15% Pinot Noir.
- Thomas-Hatté & Fils (RC), has vineyards in Fleury-la-Rivière, Vauciennes, Boursault, and Venteuil.
- Yannick Vauthier (RC)
Comment: It is not certain that the list is complete.
- Coopérative Vinicole de Fleury-la-Rivière (blog) is a cooperative with 126 medlemmar with 117.5 ha of vineyards. It is one of the 82 cooperatives that are member of the major cooperative Centre Vinicole Champagne-Nicolas Feuillatte (CVC-NF), with its main facilities in Chouilly. For Champagnes sold by themselves from their own production they use the brand:
- François-Principe Arnoult
- Wikipedia in English, in French.
- Website of the Fleury-la-Rivière commune.
- UMC’s village profile of Fleury-la-Rivière.
- Swedish version of this post.
A video clip that shows Fleury-la-Rivière and surrounding vineyards.
© Tomas Eriksson 2015